PATRIZIA strengthens Management Board with key competencies
- Digitalisation, Technology & Innovation as well as HR will complement the existing Management Board to better leverage key developments in the investment management industry
- The establishment of a strong Operational Board further strengthens client-centricity and operational excellence
- The new executive set-up will advance our future-proof PATRIZIA platform and accelerate the adoption of new technologies to enhance our client experience
Augsburg, 7 January 2020. PATRIZIA AG, the global partner for pan-European real estate investment, strengthens its Management Board with three internal appointments for the core competencies – Digitalisation, Technology & Innovation and Human Resources – as per 01.01.2020. With the new board functions, PATRIZIA reflects identified mega-trends that will influence the real estate investment management industry going forward.
“With our extended Management Board, we accelerate our strategic development and innovations. At the same time, we further strengthen operational excellence and client-centricity through a strong complementary Operational Board”, explains Wolfgang Egger, CEO and founder of PATRIZIA AG. “The Supervisory Board of PATRIZIA AG shares our view that digitalisation, technology & innovation as well as HR are strategic key competencies to make our PATRIZIA platform even more attractive for our growing client base. We will leverage digitalisation and innovation to significantly enhance our client experience through smart IT. In addition, we will further streamline processes, speed-up decision-making and ensure consistent execution across the whole organisation to serve our clients best.”
Management Board will be strengthened
The Management Board of PATRIZIA AG will continue to be headed by Wolfgang Egger, Chairman of the Management Board (CEO) and to consist of Karim Bohn, Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Anne Kavanagh, Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and Klaus Schmitt, who will refocus his role as Chief Governance, Risk and Operating Officer (COO) to strengthen both functions in light of the company’s dynamic growth. Three new members will join the board:
- Alexander Betz will assume Chief Digitalisation Officer (CDO): Alexander has been founder and chairman of the supervisory board of eFonds AG as well as entrepreneur in various digital platform businesses. He has been leading PATRIZIA’s digitalisation for the last two years. His tasks include building the PATRIZIA IT platform fostering operational excellence and best service quality for clients.
- Dr Manuel Käsbauer will assume the role of Chief Technology & Innovation Officer (CTIO). He joined PATRIZIA in 2012 and currently leads the Technology & Innovation team at PATRIZIA. Manuel has extensive experience and a strong global network in the real estate and tech industry. His expertise as a tech entrepreneur combined with a strong academic background is a valuable key competence to drive innovation throughout the company. Amongst other functions, this position involves cross-industrial trend scouting, identifying new business models and innovative solutions on a global level, as well as strengthening PATRIZIA’s offering through investments in the tech sector.
- Simon Woolf will assume Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). He heads PATRIZIA’s global HR function since 2019. Previously, he was responsible for Human Resources as SVP for Sony Music Entertainment’s International division covering 42 locations globally. His responsibilities included leading their Global Organisational Development team and during his 10 year tenure at Sony Music where he was recognised for the design and delivery of award winning leadership programs. His focus will include further developing PATRIZIA’s corporate culture and attracting the best talent to PATRIZIA’s unique international platform.
Operational Board: Timely and consistent execution
Complementary to the Management Board, the new Operational Board will ensure timely and consistent execution and excellent client service across the whole organisation by uniting major business and operational functions. The Operational Board includes pan-European functions for Asset Management (Rikke Lykke), Capital Markets (Dr Konrad Finkenzeller), Fund Management (Edmund Craston), Fund Services (Irmgard Linker), Transactions (Philipp Schaper) and Regions (Peter Helfrich). “The Operational Board will drive close alignment, seamless processes and consistent execution across key pan-European functions to further improve our outstanding client services”, said Wolfgang Egger.
Please find more information about PATRIZIA’s Management Board and Operational Board at en/our-company/our-management/
PATRIZIA AG has been active as an investment manager in the real estate market across Europe for more than 35 years. PATRIZIA’s activities include the acquisition, management, repositioning and sale of residential and commercial real estate through its own licensed investment platforms. As a global partner for pan-European real estate investment, PATRIZIA operates as a respected business partner of large institutional investors and retail investors in all major European countries. PATRIZIA manages more than EUR 42 billion of real estate assets, primarily as an investment manager for insurance companies, pension fund institutions, sovereign funds, savings and cooperative banks and as co-investor. For further information, please visit: www.patrizia.ag.
Head of Corporate Communications
Phone: +49 (0) 821 5 09 10-6 55