PATRIZIA is a leading partner for global real assets.
The expertise and commitment of our global teams form the basis of our success.
Shaping a sustainable future and making a positive contribution to society is what drives our daily
As Senior Accountant you will play a key role within the Corporate Finance team at PATRIZIA. You will take responsibility for the financial accounting and reporting of all UK and Irish based entities.
The role requires a fully qualified Accountant to take leadership in managing the financial affairs of the UK and Irish based entities, comprising all aspects of accounting, audits, financial reporting, all aspects tax and budgeting support.
This role is therefore an ideal role for a hands on accountant who would like to take ownership of a portfolio of group entities. This role also extends to working extensively with the Group accounting function in by liaising on accounting matters, issues arising, group reporting and ad hoc queries.
This role is based in London.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Managing Director of the UK Fund Services team with a secondary line into the accounting function in Germany.
The job holder will have one direct report, a part qualified Associate, who the job holder will work with hand in hand through regular updates, agreed work allocation and flexibility in focusing attention on priorities and teamwork.
-Supervise the Accountant on the entities that are allocated to the Accountant. Review, guide and mentor the Accountant.
-For the most complex entity in the Group, take responsibility for the postings and reconciliations, including:
- Liaising with the business in terms of raising of sales invoices and collecting debtors
- Liaising with the central payment team with regards to purchase invoices
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Preparing monthly prepayments and accruals
- Accounting for fixed assets
- Accounting for share based payments
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns
- Account and reconcile intercompany loans
-Take responsibility for the preparation of the monthly management accounts, ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled and queries are followed up on a timely basis.
-Support the budgeting process and entry into the forecasting model
-Liaise with the tax team in Germany and the outsourced service provider in relation of tax returns (whether corporation tax, VAT or CIS).
-Take responsibility of the year-end audit process by preparing an audit file and preparing the financial statements.
-Work closely with the central Accounting team and UK management team to successfully achieve corporate and finance objectives.
-Support intra-office communication and promote best practice generally across the business.
-Occasional ad hoc support in administrative duties in the London office as required.
-Develop sound working relationships with counterparts in other offices and on other sites, as well as professional associations and consultants.
-Responsible for own ongoing professional development and learning.
-Attend meetings, seminars, training workshops and other work related issues as required.
-This is an interesting position which requires the job holder to be organised, methodical and knowledgeable. The job holder must have maturity in managing workload and dealing with counterparts in different offices and from different departments. Regular update meetings are held to guide and mentor the job holder.
What we look for
- Must enjoy finance and have a desire to learn and develop
- Ability to be a team player, handle sensitive information, be flexible and open minded
- Ability to see the bigger picture without losing attention to detail
- Strong Excel, SAP and strong accounting technical skills
- Fully qualified with relevant experience at Senior Accountant level
What we offer
- Flexible working options
- Skill building and learning opportunities, like courses and mentorship
- Career progression and talent development programs
- Health and well-being benefits, like virtual fitness classes
- Competitive pay and paid time off, including holidays designated for volunteering
Sounds like you?
If you want to create a better tomorrow with us, we want to hear from you via our job portal (www.patrizia.ag/en/career). Together, let's make a positive impact.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
At PATRIZIA, we are committed to leading the industry in how we advance the equity, diversity and inclusion of our global teams. The opinion and experience of each individual counts. With inherent trust in each other, we do our greatest work steeped in courage, integrity, optimism and tenacity.
PATRIZIA | Human Resources
166 Sloane Street | SW1X 9QF London | +44 20 776 133 00 | www.patrizia.ag