Investment Controller (Part Qualified Accountant) (m/w/d)
Your New Position in London, United Kingdom
PATRIZIA is a leading partner for global real assets.
The expertise and commitment of our global teams form the basis of our success.
Shaping a sustainable future and making a positive contribution to society is what drives our daily
The Associate in the Fund Operations International team is responsible for the effective management of all SPVs (including the Fund vehicle itself).
The mission of this department is:
We are committed to deliver the highest client satisfaction by working closely with all of our stakeholders, always focusing on the overall investment lifecycle and objectives of a fund, providing end to end management of financial and tax services and ensuring sustainable partnerships with our external service provider.
The Associate will need to have good experience in the following subject matters and work with the support of a Senior Associate / Fund Finance Manager (FFM) on the following areas:
- Accounting – to be able to adequately review third party bookkeepers’ management accounts and to effectively instruct any changes. To prepare the commercial and GAAP adjustments required for Fund consolidations, cash flows, NAV reconciliations and distributions
- Transaction support – to be able to support the Fund Finance Manager of that fund and the wider Fund Management team on transactions from a Fund perspective, fully understanding the tax structuring and mechanics of transactions, feeding into the SPA where relevant, supporting the buy side or sell side due diligence, managing the completion mechanics, managing funds flows and integrating the acquisition into an existing structure or effectively accounting for a disposal
- Tax compliance – to have a good working knowledge of all types of taxes (direct and indirect), working with tax advisors across a European portfolio and applying tax computations (incl. deferred tax) to the book-keeping, cash flow modelling and reporting of Funds.
- Regulatory compliance – Manage audits, tax declarations and board meetings, organising resolutions and, where regulatory requirements in other jurisdictions are required, ensure that these are fully observed at all times
- Business support – manage the creation and liquidation of SPVs, feed into liquidity management and organising capital injections / repayments. Also support on group revenue matters and manage internal controls compliance
- On a day-to-day basis, manage the inputs from third party service provider, mostly local accountants, tax advisors, auditors and property managers. Also, ensure quality and timeliness of reporting
- Upon demand, support the take on process of new service providers in conjunction with the department’s bespoke Partner Steering team. Tasks include the management of contracts and the data flow of information into the PATRIZIA systems
What we look for
Target skill set, to be developed with on-the-job training:
- Develop sound working relationships with counterparts in other offices and on other sites, as well as professional associations and consultants.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of relevant financial regulations and standards throughout and implementation of policies and procedures to uphold these.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment, ability to work in multi-dimensional teams
- Ability to work beyond pure finance and consider the business as a whole, be strategic and multitask various inputs and deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure / to a tight timetable, have attention to detail at all times without losing sight of the bigger picture and must also be an excellent team player
- Strong analytical skills, Excel skills and communication skills
Competencies / qualifications required:
- The job holder will need to be a UK part qualified accountant, ideally with 1-2 years of relevant (Real Estate) experience and group consolidations
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
What we offer
- Flexible working options
- Skill building and learning opportunities, like courses and mentorship
- Career progression and talent development programs
- Health and well-being benefits, like virtual fitness classes
- Competitive pay and paid time off, including holidays designated for volunteering
Sounds like you?
If you want to create a better tomorrow with us, we want to hear from you via our job portal (www.patrizia.ag/en/career). Together, let's make a positive impact.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
At PATRIZIA, we are committed to leading the industry in how we advance the equity, diversity and inclusion of our global teams. The opinion and experience of each individual counts. With inherent trust in each other, we do our greatest work steeped in courage, integrity, optimism and tenacity.
PATRIZIA | Human Resources
166 Sloane Street | SW1X 9QF London | +44 20 776 133 00 | www.patrizia.ag
Your personal contact
Get in touch