PATRIZIA offers motivated students, graduates and professionals at an early stage of their career a number of attractive ways to flourish in the real estate investment industry. Our focus as you jump on the career ladder lies in fostering your understanding of actual business practice and paving the way for you to develop and move onwards and upwards.
What matters most to us is your sense of drive and ambition. So we offer you the right options to match. These span a number of early career opportunities, from real estate apprenticeships, to placements for working students, real estate internships and a variety of options for graduate entries and people with less than three years of work experience. So whether you join one of our more structured early career development programmes or choose to join PATRIZIA as a direct entry after studying, we offer a number of ways to kick-start your career.
We can offer you a whole host of business areas to start in. This ensures you’re given the ideal introduction to a leading player in property investment and real estate assets. We can even offer you a choice of locations to embark on your career, not only in Germany (where we’re based – from our head office in Augsburg to Munich, Frankfurt, Berlin or Hamburg) but also in a selection of attractive locations across Europe.
Helping you learn, grow and develop
All of the opportunities we offer enable you to develop your personal skills, give you direct exposure to a professional working environment and allow you to gain a broad understanding of the roles involved in real estate investment management. The in-depth training you receive at PATRIZIA spans many areas and adheres to the highest standards.
Enjoying what we’re doing
In terms of the working environment at PATRIZIA, you’ll notice our company has flat hierarchies. We’re also constantly evolving and rethinking the workspace and office environment at the company. Not only do we ensure your work is stimulating, the tasks you work on revolve closely around teamwork. Overall, our company’s ‘performance principles’ are based on mutual trust, mutual support, expressing your honest opinion and doing what you say you’ll do.
What we look for in candidates:
To make the most of the opportunity, you will need to be someone with an agile ‘can do’ approach, who can work in a team and who is results-focused. As a multinational organisation, we also value language skills, particularly the language we do most of our business in: English.
- thorough introductions and constructive supervision via our mentoring programme
- an innovative and fast-moving work environment
- fascinating tasks to work on with personal responsibility from day one
- an international outlook with the possibility to work abroad
- real estate seminars, projects and other training options that foster your development, both personally and professionally
- attractive benefits even for staff undergoing training and a good chance of staying with the company after training
One option to help you kick off your career is our apprenticeship programme. Some universities in Germany will allow you to dovetail this type of training with your studies (dual studies). Depending on your personal interests and abilities, we offer a number of training options:
- Bachelor of Arts (under the German dual education system)
Specialist topic: the property industry or accounting/management accounting
- Apprenticeship to become a Business Graduate in Office Management or in Real Estate
Internships (or student placements) at PATRIZIA last at least three months. We offer internships in almost all areas of the business, allowing you to work on live projects and take personal responsibility. As well as learning lots about the real estate/property industry, an internship is an excellent opportunity to apply the things you’re learning in your studies to an actual business setting.
The main idea of joining us temporarily as a working student is to allow you to gain exposure to front-line activities and the daily business. In principle, you can apply for part-time work experience in any area of the company. We’ll encourage you to work independently and you’ll be assigned to a fixed department for the duration of your work experience.
Coming to the end of your studies and interested in writing a degree thesis with us on a topic relating to the real estate industry? Simply get in touch and tell us about the specific topics you’re thinking of writing about. We’ll help you write your bachelor or master thesis. During your entire time at the company, we will ensure you have a fixed supervisor in one of our specialist departments to provide you with useful pointers and advice.
Exciting challenges, mutual trust, and open and honest communication – the key ingredients of our day-to-day work at PATRIZIA. By offering a variety of attractive options for climbing the career ladder, we develop people into team players that make us who we are – one of the leading investment companies in Europe! If you come on board as a direct-entry recruit, you’ll go straight into a full-time role in a specific area or department. You’ll first be assigned to work alongside an experienced colleague, but you’ll then be expected to assume more and more responsibility. Our overall aim is to ensure that by the time you complete this more ‘junior’ phase, you’re ready to work independently and manage projects yourself.
Are you looking for a career in Real Asset Investment Management? Our Analyst Talent Programme is a holistic development programme designed to train and develop the next generation of real asset investment professionals for PATRIZIA. We offer you an accelerated and fascinating introduction to PATRIZIA and the world of real asset investment (with a special focus on real estate). You’ll gain exposure to a broad variety of corporate clients as well as a range of functions within the organisation.
The programme starts in October 2021 and over two years you will experience four rotations á 6 months in different real estate related departments of PATRIZIA (e.g. Transactions, Asset Management, Fund Management, Real Estate Development, Product Development, Sustainability) in which you will take on both operational and strategic tasks and projects independently.
You’ll join an international, inclusive environment with an entrepreneurial mindset. We have ambitious growth plans and a strong focus on sustainability. We believe that innovation and performance come from a diverse workforce where you have the autonomy to bring your whole self to work without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from.
- Getting to know and contributing to the respective areas of business in an entrepreneurial and international work setting
- Owning (sub-)projects and preparing decision documents
- Developing an extensive company-wide network within PATRIZIA across multiple functions
- Being part of a cohort with regular training interventions that develop you holistically
- Supporting management in the respective business area
- We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce, this is at the heart of our core values. We believe individuality and difference makes the world a better place. So, whether you have Real Estate specific qualifications/experience or not, if you are passionate about a career in real estate investment then we welcome your application
- University degree (Masters) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1.5 years of work experience in a corporate environment (this may include internships)
- A strong career interest in real asset investment (especially real estate)
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, financial and business acumen and understanding of key financial indicators
- High ambition, flexibility, and emotional intelligence
- Can do attitude, willingness to challenge yourself and an ability to learn quickly
- A real team player who enjoys working across different cultures
What's in it for you?
- We will give you a competitive salary, discretionary bonus scheme, private health care and pension, but also a fantastic bunch of flexible benefits that focus on your health, wealth & inner self.
- You will participate in diverse technical and soft skills trainings.
- You will be accompanied by an experienced mentor who will be available to support you beyond the programme.
- You will be asked to complete a personality questionnaire and have quarterly coaching sessions with an Organisational Psychologist.
- You will have access to free virtual fitness classes, workshops on nutrition and you may work with a health coach.
The programme is designed to act as a springboard for a meaningful and exciting career at PATRIZIA. We will support you throughout the programme with personal development and career planning to ensure you lay a strong foundation for a successful career at our company. Towards the end of the programme we will help you align your career aspirations with future vacancies so you will be ready to move forward to your next challenge.
Your personal contact
Get in touch
- London, United KingdomSimon WoolfMember of the Management Board, CHRO